
Our little cowboy has been a bit of a handful lately, to say the least. Thankfully though, there are those moments of pure joy that make my heart melt and realize how much I truly love this little boy. He has been saying the funniest and most thoughtful things lately. Here are just a few that I can remember right now:
Today I was glancing through a book that a friend lent me called, "On Becoming Preschool Wise." Grant was very interested in the book and asked me what I was reading. I told him it was a book to help me be a better Mom to them. I then asked him, "Do you think I need to be a better MOM?" He replied, after much thought, "yeah...you need to get better at getting rid of the bugs!" (earlier that afternoon, I had displayed my fear of bugs/insects while trying to dispose of a snail. The kids thought it was pretty funny that I got a shovel to pick it up and was dancing around like a crazy person who was totally and completely grossed out.)
Last week, we were going somewhere in the van and I asked him if he would help Loren unbuckle her carseat once we got to the store. He replied, "Yes Mom...I will help her because brothers are supposed to take care of their little sisters and I am her big brother!" This is huge because if you know Grant and Loren, you know that they fight continuously like cats and dogs.
Then tonight, we were all sitting in my bed and the topic of weddings came up. I asked Grant if he wanted to get married. He said, "yes...in the temple and you get to come......don't forget to bring me presents though!" Then he said, "Mom....Zach and Bryant got married?" I almost started to laugh as I explained that his five year old friends did not get married but he interrupted me to say, "but they have rings!" I then had to explain that they were probably "CTR" rings and not wedding rings, hahaha!! It went along good with the Family Home Evening lesson we had just had earlier that evening about choosing the right and being an example.
Anyways....as much as this little boy challenges me, wears me out, makes me want to pull my hair out......I love him to the moon and back. He has such a sweet, tender spirit that is often unseen by others. I am so grateful that he is a part of our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment