
ANTIBIOTICS
I have never been more sick in my life (at least that I remember) than I have been for the last few days. I had the worst sore throat I have ever experienced. I was in tears, could hardly swallow as my tonsils were so swollen they were almost touching. It literally felt like I had shards of glass in my throat. I couldn't sleep, eat or drink. I went to the doctor on Sunday morning. They said my throat looked pretty bad, they did a strep culture and sent me on my way. The nurse told me they would not prescribe an antibiotic until the strep culture would come back - she assured me it would take 8 hours or less. In fact, it was over twenty-four more long hours that I had to suffer before finally getting the POSITIVE STREP test and getting some Penicillin. I have never been more grateful in my life for an antibiotic. Seriously, I felt so bad on Sunday that I just wanted to lay in bed and cry. My body ached, my neck was so sore I could hardly move it, my teeth were sensitive to hot and cold. I cried but it hurt. I have felt increasingly better with each dose and can at least swallow, eat and drink - oh, and sleep (which I was in desperate need of). Leads me to wonder how people survived years ago without the benefits of modern medicine like antibiotics. I am grateful to have been born in a time where we have these things available to us. So, for now, I say HOORAY for ANTIBIOTICS!!!
Hopefully I will be back to blogging very soon. I have much to write about - all the holiday festivities of December, etc.
1 comment:
AMEN to that!!! I'm glad you are feeling better Lisa and now you can enjoy your holidays!!
Post a Comment