Thursday, May 15, 2008

MY NEW OBSESSION



One of the things I have been missing lately is the time to be creative and do things with my hands. I miss scrapbooking and just can't find the time to get the stuff out to do anything. So...I have turned my talents elsewhere. I learned to crochet years ago when we were waiting to adopt a baby but haven't done much since then. Chris' Aunt Ellen has always made me these little girl socks with the beads on them for Loren. I have studied her socks and tried to replicate them but mine never turned out quite right. So...last week I decided to take a trip to his aunt's house for a quick tutorial. Little did I know I would become completely obsessed with sock making. I have crocheted about 10 pair in the last week and am still going like gangbusters. I have been making them for Loren and our new baby Morgan. I just love these socks. I love how the beads clank together and you can just hear Loren coming as she approaches. If I forget to put her socks on, she is right there pointing to her feet saying "beads, beads!" She is such a girlie girl.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love these socks too. In fact I have some that Ellen made for Caelan years ago. You will have to show me how now that you know. I have been wondering how to do them too.

Dave and Candace said...

So cute - I can just imagine how proud Loren is of her socks!

Shannon P. said...

Lisa- I WANY SOME! Okay you give me a price and I will pay it ...seriuosly. I have looked everywhere here and can't find crocheted ones.I know how to crochet blankets but not socks. We need to live closer so you can teach me.

Shannon P. said...

I need to learn to spell...I meant I want some.