Every year, Chris' birthday comes and goes and I vow to do better the next year. Having a birthday around the holidays must really be a bummer. And although I have always thought it would be easy to separate it and celebrate this special day, I fall short. This year, Daddy was turning 40. I thought about planning a party, but knew he would hate that kind of attention. I thought about taking him away over night again, but we did that last year. I wanted to do what HE wanted to do and to celebrate HIM. On Friday night, he and I went out on a date to Ruth's Chris. It was nice to have some time alone. Then, on Daddy's actual birthday, we just spent the day doing things that Daddy wanted to do. We got him donuts for breakfast and promptly put candles in them and sang to him. The kids and I made a birthday sign for Daddy and had decorated with balloons! We shopped for boots and cowboy hats, but bought nothing. Daddy said that he bought his birthday present a little early when he got his new truck. We did get him a nice little trailer hitch cover though. We ate at his favorite restaurants and took the four wheelers out for a last hurrah before Christmas. That evening, we went to a beautiful Christmas light display out in the countryside of Lincoln. It was a walk through light display complete with free popcorn and hot cocoa. The kids had a blast, but it was dang cold! It was a super fun day, but not much fanfare for a 40th! We are so grateful for Daddy for all he does for our family. He is a wonderful provider, an amazing husband and a super awesome, fun Daddy. We couldn't be more blessed and I hope he could feel how much we loved him on his special day!
No comments:
Post a Comment