Monday, March 23, 2009

THE LONGEST WEEK OF MY LIFE

(The girls, asleep in my bed. There is a small place that I lay along the left side of the bed)

This last week was the longest week of my life, seriously. I can tell you right now that I am thankful for my cranky, misbehaved kids and am just happy to see my babies smiling again. Three trips to Kaiser docs, two trips to the ER with 3 kids, coughs, vomit, snot, antibiotics, steroid treatment, kids sleeping in my bed, no sleep for me, fevers, tylenol, more tylenol. I am happy to say though, that it looks like we are on the mend. Loren is now on antibiotics like Grant, she too probably has pneumonia or bronchitis. Grant seems to be doing fine and has been on his antibiotics for almost a week now. Morgan's croup and stridor is better though she still has a bad snotty, nose and horrible cough from the RSV. She is sleeping better though she has decided that now would be a good time to cut her first tooth. Poor baby- now we are dealing with teething pain. I should say poor me though because I think my breasts are taking the brunt of it. She is finally smiling and laughing again.

Loren's RSV is getting better too - she is still hacking but not nearly as much since starting the antibiotic. Unfortunately, she still thinks she needs to sleep in my bed and this is creating quite a problem. She doesn't sleep well in a bed and ussually prefers to nuzzle in the corner of her crib. I was grateful to have her in my bed for the past week as I needed to keep a close watch on her fevers and her breathing. However, she is in much need of some good sleep and is refusing ot go to her crib. Last night I decided to put her there but she got so upset and worked herself up that she eventually gagged on all her phlegm and threw up several times. I am trying to prepare her for tonight, even bribing her so we will see what happens.

I am seriously so grateful for my mother-in-law who came to my rescue last week. Though the kids pretty much only wanted me to hold them, etc, she was a huge help with laundry, dishes and just maintaining the household. Love you Mom and thanks a ton. I know I could have never done it without you. And we were also lucky enough to have friends who brought us meals last week. You know who you are and I am so grateful, seriously.

Things are looking up and hopefully we will be back outside playing this week. The weather is too beautiful to miss out on.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Man! You have had quite the week. I'm so glad things are getting better. Sorry you had all that going on especially with tax season going on. You wonder why the Lord decides to hit us hard sometimes huh? We are stronger than we realize.
If you need anything let me know.
Thanks for your birthday wishes. You are so sweet.

Tiffany Kay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brown Family said...

Glad things are looking up! Now to get back to "normal"... GOOD LUCK!