On September 10th, Daddy and the kids had their first soccer games. The Cosmos (the U8 boys team), played in the morning. It was so much fun to watch the boys in their first game, but their was definitely a different feel than all the games last year. U8 kids play on the big field, use the big goals, play 7 on the field, have referees, and are just generally more intense. I don't think I sat down the entire game as I cheered on our little guys. It was pretty intense, and even more intense when your own son is playing the goalie. Grant did an awesome job, but I'm always nervous when he plays goalie. Chris is an amazing coach and truly loves these boys, and they love him. He is so patient with them and it has been great to see how much they have grown. We lost the first game but it was so close and we spent most of the game on the offensive end of the field, just couldn't score a goal. This should be an exciting season to watch. Go Cosmos!
Grant...on defense. He didn't see too much of the ball this game because most of the team was at the other end trying to score goals. We had to keep reminding Grant to watch for the ball because things were likely to change at any given moment!
The Lincoln Belles (the U6 girls team) played later that day. I have to say that watching 5/6 year old little girls play soccer has got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen. The mostly run and play bunch ball or herd ball. It makes me laugh so hard, but they are so cute.
Loren was so excited to experience her first game and I was proud that she was willing to get in there and kick the ball. She's been watching Grant play and was glad that it was finally her turn. She loves having Daddy as her coach too.
Cute girls! Loren, Ellie and Ava
Jordan, Kylie, Kadance and Kali
Loren was thrilled to have a chance to play goalie!
Love how these girls lay down on the bench to rest and cheer on their team!
The post-game tunnel! Love the smiles on these girls faces. Soccer has been so much fun and the kids are really enjoying themselves. The girls have won every game so far, while the boys are struggling to get a win (they have lost 3 and tied 1). Daddy is making us all proud by coaching both their teams and giving it 110%. We love him and are so grateful for him!!!
1 comment:
GREAT SOCCER PICS!! Yay for sports!
Post a Comment