I cannot believe that this beautiful daughter of ours is SEVEN! Wasn't it just yesterday that we brought her home from the hospital? I'm sure it was! The time has gone too fast. There are so many wonderful things about this middle child of ours that we love so much. She is a peacemaker, a friend to all, a sensitive and caring person. I love her smile, those dimples and those beautiful eyes.
Loren had many different, and grown up requests for her 7th birthday. She wanted a "real" purse and wallet (forget the kid stuff), a sewing machine and real cooking supplies. Thank goodness there was still a little girl in her that wanted an Ariel and Pluto plush toy! She loved all of her gifts! I also picked her up from school and took her to lunch at McDonalds (her choice) where she ate lunch and got a McFlurry (probably the real reason she chose that place). We ate dinner at her favorite restaurant right now, The Squeeze Inn, and then took her for ice cream instead of having cake. There, we gave her one last birthday surprise. We had originally told her she couldn't get her ears pierced until she was 8, but Daddy and I decided that she was ready now. We also wanted her 8th birthday to be more about her baptism and not just ear piercing. I made her a certificate for her ear piercing and told her that once soccer season was over, she could get it done. She was so surprised and so excited. It was fun to see the look on her face. She is counting down the days now!

No comments:
Post a Comment