Saturday, August 17, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012


We have so much to be thankful for and I love this time of year when we reflect on all the blessings in our lives.  This year, we decided to spend Thanksgiving down in Fresno with our families.  Unfortunately, this was one of those holidays that I will never forget.  We enjoyed Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa Sly' and even helped them the put up their Christmas Tree the following day.  I had already done one of our trees at home, but I know that they appreciate the help, so we delved in to help them.  The kids were excited to help at first, but it quickly became a chore and they lost interest.  It ended up being me, Melanie and Emma decorating the tree.  It's quite a project because Grandpa must have 1000 ornaments (not kidding), and he wants them ALL on the tree.  There clearly was not a branch that didn't have at least one, if not two ornaments on it.  Anyways, Loren and Morgan were also excited to spend time being pampered in the care of cousin Shannon.  Shannon is so good to provide manicures and pedicures to the girls every time they come visit.  She is so good to them and they love her.  So Thursday and Friday were fun, but everything went downhill starting Friday night.  Loren woke up that night throwing up and the next morning, I followed suit.  We were supposed to go back home on Saturday, but there was no way that Loren nor I, could ride in a car for 3 hours.  So, Loren and I spent the day in bed at my parents, while Chris took the other kids to his parents house to entertain them and keep them away from the nasty bug.  Loren and I slept most of the day and began to feel well enough that we could return home on Sunday.  It was such a nasty bug and I seriously haven't been that wiped out in a very long time.  Ugh!  A Thanksgiving to remember, for sure!







No comments: