The kids resurrected an old toy and it instantly became new again. Occasionally, I have toys atop the refrigerator in a basket. Sometimes they are toys that the kids fought over, sometimes they are toys that are in timeout. Anyways, when we clean out that basket, you're sure to find a coveted toy. This particular day, the kids found an old whoopee cushion. They started blowing it up and sitting on it, while laughing hysterically. They couldn't get enough of it and the giggles were contagious. I was laughing right along with the.
The next day, while at school, Loren was telling her friends about the whoopee cushion and accidentally (as she explained it), said the word, "fart." Apparently her teacher heard her and Loren got her card turned at school. She was devastated. In fact, when I picked her up from school that day, she came running to me in tears telling me about it. I couldn't help but laugh remembering how we had just played with the whoopee cushion the day before. I told her I didn't care if her card got turned, that I didn't feel she had done anything terrible. She knows we prefer the word, "toot," and she felt bad enough. No need for me to make her feel any worse. Instead, we went home and made some more "toots" with the whoopee cushion.
No comments:
Post a Comment