Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cosmos End of Season Soccer Party

We celebrated the end of soccer season at a party at Old Town Pizza.  I couldn't be more proud of my amazing hubby for coaching not ONE, but TWO teams this year.   He loved coaching Grant last year and was committing to coaching the Cosmos again.  It was so fun to have so many boys return to the team again.  The Cosmos also gained some new players, and with them, an amazing assistant coach and Team Mom.  I can't say enough about Carol Arbaugh and Justin Nartker.  Carol was on top of things from the very beginning.  When you look  up team mom, I think there should be a picture of her.  Next time around, I'm going to follow her lead and do things just as she did.  And Justin Nartker was so awesome to work with.  He didn't necessarily volunteer to be an assistant coach (Gregg Kenney was already one), but the job kind of fell into his lap.  With us having to leave town several times during tax season due to Scotty's illness and death, we had to rely on Justin and Gregg to take care of things.  They were both amazing, never complained and we always knew the boys were in good hands.

It was so fun to get together to celebrate the end of the season, enjoy pizza and give the boys their trophies.  My amazing friend, Liz, agreed early on in the season to make a video of pictures from the season that we could show at the party.  Her hubby, Chris, took amazing pictures throughout the season and Liz produced an amazing video.  It was so fun to watch and relive the season through pictures.  Huge thanks to Liz and Chris Harder.  I know I will treasure the video forever.









Carol presented Chris and the assistant coaches with a gift from the team.  It was a very sweet gesture.  He also received a soccer ball signed by all the boys.  He loved it!

Chris handed out trophies to all the boys.  They were so excited.  I think they wait all year long just to receive their trophies.  Can you see how excited Grant is?
Another amazing soccer season.  We had some wins and some tough losses and the boys have grown so much.  It has been fun to watch their progress.  They all love Coach Sly and I think he would be honored to coach them again.  We shall see if Grant wants to play next year. 

No comments: