On October 22nd, we headed down to Fresno to participate, along with our families, in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night walk. Steph organized a team in honor of Scott and we weren't going to miss being there with our family. Luckily, one of our soccer game times got changed and we were able to be down there just shortly before the walk was to start. It was super emotional. The last time we had all been together like that, friends and family, was for Scotty's funeral. There was a wonderful outpouring of support and many participated in this special walk in honor of Scotty (and to raise money and awareness for the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society).
I purchased our kids some glow in the dark things so they could light their way. Participants who raised at least $100 received a lighted balloon. Our kids were lucky enough to be given lighted balloons to carry. I didn't sign up to raise money per se, because I wasn't sure if we would be able to attend or not.
Auntie Steph had these awesome shirts made and we were able to purchase them to wear for the walk.
I loved these shirts, but I will be honest, seeing Scotty's children wear shirts in memory of their Daddy was very emotional. It was a really hard day for all of us.
Chris' mom brought this shirt that she intended to wear that day. This is something she already had, but worried it might upset Chris to see it, so she didn't wear it. I love this picture of brothers though!!
This is Scotty's best friend John and his sweet wife, Stacey. Stacey also happens to be Steph's cousin. Isn't that fun how that all worked out!! These two are some of the sweetest people I know. While Scotty was dying in the hospital, these two spent days and sometimes nights at the hospital. John would hold Scotty's hand and talk to him. He would tell funny stories about Scotty that made all of us laugh and cry. Scott and John were friends for a very long time, and it was evident. There was a love there that you don't often find with friends. It was very touching. And Stacey...what can I say about her. It was wonderful to see her support her sweet husband and her cousin during such a difficult time. I adore Stacey. If we lived closer, I think we would hang out :)!!
My sister, Ally and her kids, also raised money and came out to support our family in this walk. Thanks Ally. It was fun to spend that time with you.
Oh Stephy!!! I love to see the smile on her face in this picture. I'm sure there isn't a day that went by that past month that she didn't cry, but to see her and her children smile is such a blessing. I know they will be okay!
I don't know why I didn't manage to get any pictures of Steph's sister, Kristi. This is the back of her husband, Matt, while on the walk. Kristi has been an amazing big sisters to Steph. Steph and her siblings have had plenty of loss in their short lives as they lost not just one, but both of their parents to cancer. Seeing Stephanie suffer and lose her husband only brought back difficult memories for all of them. Kristi and her husband have been an amazing support for Stephanie and continue to go to Fresno most weekends to spend time with her and her children. What a blessing to have such an amazing family!
I didn't even know a lot of these people, but there was a sea of shirts with Scotty's picture on them. It was a beautiful sight!
It was a one mile walk down part of the Eaton trail in Woodward Park. I was so proud of Grant for walking the entire way. What a big boy!!
Little Jackson loves Emma. She was such a big help taking care of him. He wanted to walk like the other big kids, but we had to keep a close watch because it was pretty dark on the trail and he like to dart off.
Love my sisters by heart!!!
After the walk, we took the kids across the street to the yogurt shop. Everyone was so tired, but never too tired for yogurt and toppings.

1 comment:
Hahaha...Lisa- I love you too! You are such a funny gal and I would for sure hang out with you if you lived closer!! I hate that we had to get to know each other better because of Scotty but I am so glad you are a part of their family! You are a doll and I thank you for being there and supporting my Steph!
Post a Comment