Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Deviled Eggs - McDonald's Style

My parents were here over Easter weekend and my Mom had requested that we make deviled eggs with the eggs that the kids dyed. Guess it isn't Easter for my Mom without them, haha! Anyways, we live in a condiment-free house. Neither Chris or I eat mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, etc. In fact, I just recently threw away the container of mustard that we used at Grant's first birthday party for hamburgers and hot-dogs (that tells you how much we use them!). I called my Mom from Wal-mart to get a list of ingredients for the deviled eggs. I had the eggs, purchased the miracle-whip but did not want to buy a whole thing of mustard that we would only throw away in another three years (her recipe only called for a squirt of mustard.) I was going to borrow some from a neighbor and would have if my last-minute, brilliant idea hadn't worked.


Saturday night, we took my parents out to dinner at Lucille's (mouth-watering as I type this). Before heading there, we stopped at McDonald's to pick they kids up some dinner. And that is when it came to me. The guy at the drive-thru window said, "would you like any dipping sauces for your nuggets?" I laughed out loud, looked at my Dad who was in the passenger seat next to me and I responded, "Yes, do you have mustard?" My Dad and I were laughing hysterically about how I was getting mustard for our deviled eggs from McDonalds! I walked away with four packs of mustard, plenty for the eggs. Sadly, my Mom made them on Easter and then forgot to eat them. She loaded them into a plastic dish and took them for a snack on their drive back to Fresno. Gotta love McDonalds!! And just in case you're wondering, NO, I don't eat deviled eggs. Surprising? Not!

1 comment:

mansfield family said...

That is so funny- how can you be American if you don't eat condiments? What do you put on burgers? I love how resourceful you were though!