Saturday, April 25, 2009

Easter Extravaganza

The Saturday before Easter, my parents and I (Chris was at work) took the kiddos to the Easter Extravaganza that they have at our Lincoln Crossing Clubhouse. We ate a yummy brunch though we waited in line forever to get our food.

Then we made our way over to visit the Easter Bunny (silliest looking Easter bunny I have ever seen). As you can tell, Morgan wasn't too excited to sit with the Easter Bunny and Loren, well...she wanted her own chair and didn't want to be too close either. Grant loved him though and was happy to sit on his lap for a picture.
Next stop was the petting zoo. Grandma happily said, "I'll take the baby while you take the big kids into the petting zoo!" Haha!! I said, "no thanks, you can take Grant in!" I am not an animal lover and petting zoo's kinda freak me out. Good thing Grandma was a good sport so Grant could touch all the animals.


Then it was off to the egg hunt, or should we say "free for all!" I had brought the kids their own baskets to use but the clubhouse gave them small plastic easter bags that they were to use for the hunt. I am sure it was a way to limit the number of eggs each kid could get but Grant was in tears because he wanted to use his OWN basket. I calmed him down, and told him to get his eggs, put them in the bag and then we could dump them into his basket. He still wasn't too happy but I was trying to be the GOOD MOM and follow the rules, even if we didn't like them. When the egg hunt began, I stayed behind while Grandma hunted for eggs with the big kids. It was mass chaos and I am just glad my mom and kids made it out of there with no bruises. YIKES!!! Oh, and they did manage to collect quite a few eggs. Grant would have liked more (and could've fit more in his plastic bag), but I told him we needed to leave some for the other kids.


Is she the cutest, or what? Here is Miss Morgan giving us the "thumbs up!" Guess she was having a good time.


Here is the kids checking out the loot from the easter egg hunt. Unfortunately, I tossed most of the candy as I did not feel it was age-appropriate. Something about giving 2 and 3 year olds hard caramel and taffy. I still want them to have some teeth when they visit the dentist. Maybe I am not so good afterall. hahaha.

I forgot to get pictures of the balloons that the kids had made. Grant wanted a green sword balloon. Loren, unlike all the other girls asking for flowers and butterflies, she requested a PINK SWORD. Guess she needed it to defend herself from her brother and his green sword. We had a lot of fun and I am sure we will do it again next year. It was nice to have Grandma and Grandpa here because somehow the thought of doing something like that with three little ones by myself is still very frightening.

1 comment:

April said...

Those are some great pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time! Little Morgan with her thumbs up is adorable! That's a picture to frame for sure!! :)

Can't wait for the D-land photos and run down!