Grant had a fun-filled, wonderful 4th Birthday. The morning started off with Grant opening one of his gifts from us and it was this gun that he had been wanting. It shoots a harmless laser beam at targets and knocks over the cans. You can see the video below. He was pretty funny doing it and he has been getting better as he works on his hand-eye coordination. Though I was opposed to having guns at all in the house, I gave up on that awhile ago when everything else started becoming a gun (i.e. tinker toys, blocks, drills, etc.) At least this one is harmless and he LOVES it as you can tell.

Then Grant invited a few boys (his request - "only boys, MOM!") to go to Wacky Tacky with us. A couple of the other boys we invited were sick and couldn't come but we were so glad that Caden, Blake and Clark could make it. (We missed you Jackson and Max!). We let the kids play and then we ate cupcakes, opened presents and played some more. It was so crowded at Wacky Tacky because it was spring break (note to self: don't plan Grant's party during spring break). We had fun anyways and Grant got some fun gifts including some games and new DVD's. He was so excited and these will be great things to take on our trip. Then we decided we were hungry and we headed to McDonald's for lunch with friends.








Then, it was home for naptime. The kids took a good nap and then we played outside on their new bikes while we waited for Daddy to come home. Yes...it is TAX SEASON and Yes....Family is my hubby's number one priority (this is why I love him!). Last year, we sang happy birthday to Grant with Daddy on the phone and Chris said that it was so depressing that he would never work late again on Grant's birthday. He made good on his promise and was home for dinner and the rest of the evening. Grant wanted to go to Mimi's for dinner so that is where we went (he loves the chocolate chip pancakes). We sang happy birthday to him there and they gave him dessert. Then we went back home and gave Grant his last birthday present to open. I had found an electric Lionel train set and bought it after Christmas on sale. Grant had a blast setting it up and playing with it, especially since Daddy was home. It was a perfect day and I think Grant had a blast.


I interviewed Grant on his birthday just to document some of his favorite things at this time and these were his answers:
Favorite color: Orange
Favorite song: Bob the Builder
Favorite movie: BOLT (though he hadn't seen it when I interviewed him)
Favorite TV Show: Curious George
Favorite Food: Chicken and pretzels
Favorite Dessert: chocolate chip cookies
Favorite Drink: Orange Juice
Favorite Book: Train Book
What do you want to be when you grow up: Builder
Favorite birthday present: Yo-yo ball and Gun
Favorite sport: Soccer
Favorite restaurant: Mimi's
Favorite place to go: Wacky Tacky
Grant - we love you tons and cannot imagine our life without you. You keep me laughing on a daily basis and you are so sweet. I can't believe how quick you are growing up.
3 comments:
It does not seem possible that he is already 4. Time goes by so fast doesn't it? What darling pictures...it looks like he had a wonderful birthday!
What a FUN birthday celebration. I think my boys would get a kick out of that gun! What a cool toy. Where ever did you find something like that? Thanks for sharing the videos too. They were fun to watch :)
How fun Lisa! Looks like Grant had a perfect birthday celebration! Love the "Boys only birthday request"! That's too cute! I'm still waiting for the day for Zach to say that to me!! I'm sure it will come soon enough. HAHA!
Post a Comment