Loren decided that she wanted to paint her room purple and so it is. We picked out a nice lavender color that was in the quilt and were thrilled that the painter could come so quick and get it done before the furniture came. Loren's furniture came on Tuesday and we were so excited to get her room all set up, sheets on, shams on, quilt on, bed rail on, etc. etc. She couldn't wait to start jumping on the bed. Yikes!!! (Oh, and for those who asked, we actually found the furniture at JCPenney's though I am sure Pottery Barn Kids has something similar for four times the price!) I purposely left up her crib as I wasn't sure how the transition would go and I was pretty sure she might still prefer to sleep in her crib awhile longer (which by the way, I was completely okay with as the thought of her new found freedom kinda freaked me out). When I took her to bed on Tuesday night, she quickly decided that indeed, she wanted to sleep in her crib. I happily put her there and that is where she stayed for the rest of the night. On Wednesday, I took her to her room and again gave her the option. She chose the crib again and I put her there. I could hear her crying from my room though and at first I ignored it because she often still cries just because she doesn't want to go to bed. After a few minutes, I turned off the TV in my room, only to hear her saying, "I want to sleep in my big girl bed!!!" So....in I went and put her to bed in her new daybed. I had mixed feelings about it as I was sure I would be in for a long night of her coming into our room, etc. However, I was completely wrong. She slept the entire night in her bed and came waltzing into my room the next morning at 7:00 and said, "I just woked up!" It was so cute and she was so proud of herself, as were we. Last night, she slept in there again too - all night. The only bummer is that she is getting up earlier than she used to. Guess that just means I'll have to compensate on the other end and put her to bed earlier, haha!!!! Oh, and the fact that she comes galavanting into our room and wakes up Morgan who is sleeping in my bed still (another reason I need to get Morgan to sleep in her crib!).
The room is not even really decorated yet. I have some shelves to hang and need to buy and hang some artwork/pictures. As I do more, I will post updates and pictures.
A picture of the nightstand and the mattress for the trundle (haha!). The trundle is still in a giant box and needs to be put together - guess that is one thing the delivery people don't assemble - bummer!! I am sure that will have to wait til after tax season.
2 comments:
oh! It is so cute. You have such a talent for decorating! I am so glad for you that she is loving her bed and staying there.
I love your taste in decorating! Her room looks beautiful and that is a very nice color of lavender. It looks perfect! Nice job.
Post a Comment