We decided while the painter was coming to do Loren's room, we should probably just have him do Grant's room as well. I wasn't sure if the painter would be up to painting around the train but when he assured me he could do it, off to Home Depot I went. I had to quickly pick out a color which caused me an incredible amount of stress. I am horrible about picking out paint when I am not in a hurry to make a decision and well...it was so stressful. I took the bedding to try to match a blue and found one that was almost exact. We got the paint and took it home while I was second guessing my decision the whole time. Even as the painter started slapping it one the wall, I worried I had made a horrible mistake. Luckily, once it was all done and painted, it looked pretty good. I have to admit, I like it much better in the evening when less light is shining in the room but I think overall it looks pretty dang good. Grant loves it and that is all that matters.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Grant's Blue Room
We decided while the painter was coming to do Loren's room, we should probably just have him do Grant's room as well. I wasn't sure if the painter would be up to painting around the train but when he assured me he could do it, off to Home Depot I went. I had to quickly pick out a color which caused me an incredible amount of stress. I am horrible about picking out paint when I am not in a hurry to make a decision and well...it was so stressful. I took the bedding to try to match a blue and found one that was almost exact. We got the paint and took it home while I was second guessing my decision the whole time. Even as the painter started slapping it one the wall, I worried I had made a horrible mistake. Luckily, once it was all done and painted, it looked pretty good. I have to admit, I like it much better in the evening when less light is shining in the room but I think overall it looks pretty dang good. Grant loves it and that is all that matters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We think the bedrooms look great. We just painted some of our house the same color as Grant's room.
We wanted to say THANK YOU for the super cute socks you sent for Kambri. Right when I saw them I started planning all the outfits that she could wear them with. They will be well used and best of all, every time she wears them, we will think of the Slys! Thank you for being so thoughtful. We hope that we can introduce you to Kambri soon and we are still anxious to meet Morgan.
That's so fun! What a lucky kid to have a train in his room! The colors look great to me, it's fun changing stuff in your house, huh??!
This is every little boys dream room! It looks really cool. I love the color of blue too...good ideas for my boys room. We will be painting their new room and I'm not sure what i want to do...Can you email me the name/brand of the color? THANKS!
It looks great!!! I love Lauren's room too! Hey, if you are needing to find a place for her crib, I'll take it off your hands... who knows if I'll need it in the future. :)
Post a Comment